As of August 16th 2013 the Government is announcing new legislation whereby you can receive a fixed on the spot fine for “careless driving”.
There are a number of points which this legislation encompasses and police will be focussing on penalising contraventions of the following with fixed penalty notices of up to £100.
• Driving too close to the vehicle in front
• Failing to give way at a junction
• Forcing your way into a queue of traffic following overtaking
• Incorrect lane use on a roundabout or a junction
• Lane hogging on motorways
• Driving at inappropriate speed e.g. taking corners too quickly
• Performing wheel-spins, handbrake turns, “drifting” among other careless manoeuvres
Seeking professional driving tuition with Amberley Driver Training in Evesham, will set you up with the skills you need to join Britain’s roads as a safe and competent road user.
To see more on this story, read article,